Lyman & Sheets will provide the ideal candidate with lead generation, support personnel, and advanced automation/technology.
We offer a salary base compensation plan for the first few years to grow your book of business then transition to 100% commission to provide you the opportunity to grow your personal wealth. Additionally, we provide a comprehensive benefit package including excellent health and dental coverage, 401K plan, profit sharing, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and holiday time, paid continuing education, and a professional, team-oriented work environment.
If you are a highly motivated, hard-working individual with demonstrated sales experience but not feeling rewarded in your current environment and are looking for a positive change, this might be the right opportunity for you. To express your interest, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Donna Graham (email@example.com) for consideration. No phone calls please.
- Sell new business to ensure continued profitable growth.
- Prospect for new clients, sell additional insurance coverage to existing clients and retain existing accounts by meeting personal and agency objectives.
- Identify and qualify sales leads generated from a variety of sources—networking, referrals, marketing, cold-calling, lead databases, etc. and maintain prospect list.
- Present and explain our products and services using a consultative approach, based on understanding of client’s needs and goals through scheduled appointments and follow up as required.
Must be able to analyze exposures and present insurance solutions.
Make recommendations and counsel clients.
- Keep abreast of trends and techniques to maintain competitive status within the industry
- Attend sales seminars, company sales meetings, or educational activities needed to improve sales techniques and stay up-to-date on latest industry developments
- Arrange payment terms for all accounts in accordance with agency credit and collections policy
- Other duties as may be assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong motivation for sales with at least 5 years demonstrated success. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider Associate degree
- Must hold or obtain required licensing within 30 days of hire (Property and Casualty)
- Must be able to travel more than 50% and provide own transportation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
- Self-starter with sense of urgency
- Proficient in multi-tasking, follow through and follow up