We understand the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your home, valuables, and family are well-protected. That’s why you’ll find knowledgeable and experienced advisors at Lyman & Sheets who are ready to help you review your assets and choose a portfolio of coverage that allows you to maximize your protection.
An annuity can be a useful financial tool for those who want the certainty and security of a regular and guaranteed income stream. It is a contract between you and an insurance company, in which you make a lump-sum payment or series of payments. In return, the insurer agrees to make periodic payments to you beginning immediately or at some future date.
Annuities offer the following attractive features:
• Tax deferral on investment earnings
• Earnings that are not taxable until the money is withdrawn
• No limit on the amounts you can fund into an annuity
• More flexible minimum withdrawal requirements than 401(k)s or IRAs
• An array of investment options, with fixed or variable rates
• Lifetime income: A lifetime immediate annuity converts an investment into a stream of payments that can last the rest of your life. Pooling your investments with others who may have shorter or longer lives and adding the interest income from the investment constitute the payments. Pooling enables an annuity to guarantee a lifetime income and also provides a benefit to your heirs.
Discounts (including multiple policies) are available from many of our carriers.