Commercial Lines Account Manager
Lyman & Sheets provides a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including excellent health and dental coverage, vision, 401K plan, profit sharing, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and holiday time, etc., plus a team-oriented work environment.
To express your interest, please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Jackie Obrecht (email@example.com) for consideration. No phone calls please. EOE
- Provide service to assigned accounts. Support assigned Producer(s) by placing and processing new business and retaining renewals.
- Perform daily service on assigned book of business in compliance with the agency’s written procedures including, but not limited to:
- Account transactions including ID cards, proposals, endorsements, certificates, binders, billing, claims, renewals, follow-up, and correspondence on assigned accounts.
- Respond to client inquiries, incoming mail, company requests, and Producer’s needs on a timely basis.
- Collect renewal data on assigned accounts.
- Review and order renewals. Document receipt of renewals and investigate non-renewals.
- Survey policy coverage and identify cross-selling and coverage enhancement opportunities.
- Review, analyze, and submit applications to insurance companies.
- Make recommendations to the producers.
- Review renewals, endorsements, and account rounding submissions to insure items were received as ordered.
- Maintain accuracy of client data in agency management system (Applied Systems)
- Document all activities in agency management system (Applied Systems)
- Understand and utilize upload, download and interface technology
- Assist other agency departments in securing and/or providing information necessary to issue appropriate polices in their department for which we have a mutual client
- Keep producers informed of all important activities on their accounts including being sensitive to potential problems and informing management
- Keep current with industry trends including participation in educational seminars and classes for improvement of insurance/sales skills and license compliance
- Maintain knowledge of current underwriting requirements of contracted insurance carriers
- Maintain knowledge of policy provisions and any changes in these provisions
- Work with Controller and Producer to collect outstanding receivables.
- Complete other functions and assignments as assigned including back-up duties.
- Minimum of high school diploma required. Associate Degree or higher level education a plus
- Experience in insurance industry, products and coverage required
- Active Michigan Property & Casualty Resident Producer License required or ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to discern priority and initiative
- Computer skills, specifically Applied TAM, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, premiums, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems, interpret a variety of instructions and deal with a variety of variables furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form